Tasting- "Barone Montalto"



Name of the wine: Barone Montalto

Variety of the grape(s) in the wine: Chardonnay

Country of origin: Italy

Region of origin: Sicila

Vintage year: It was not listed on the bottle.

Price: Average is $7.58 for the 750 mL bottle (I got the tiny bottle for free on an airplane)


Shop/wine critic/winery review of the wine: This wine is rated an overall of 3.7/5 stars. Reviewers say that it has flavors of apple, pear, citrus fruits, and minerals. The reviews mention how the bubbles are tiny and the wine is overall refreshing. Reviewers also say the wine is medium body and has a crisp aftertaste.

https://www.vivino.com/US/en/barone-montalto-premiere-cuvee/w/8659668 


References of specific flavors, aromas, and grape varietal characteristics taken directly from the Wine Folly text, with page numbers referenced: On page 96, the wine folly book mentions that Chardonnay grapes have the flavors of yellow apple, starfruit, pineapple, vanilla, and butter. It also mentions on page 96 that Chardonnay has a medium body, low sweetness, low tannins, and medium acidity. The book did not mention Italy as a popular grower of Chardonnay grapes on page 96.


Your review: I thought that this wine was way too fizzy for me. I also thought it was very dry, and I could honestly not taste any flavors besides a fizzyness. The bubbles would start fizzing as they hit my tongue, and I did not like it. I also thought that it was too bitter for me. I also did not think it smelled like much, maybe a hint of citrus, but it was not very strong in smell.


I had pretzels while I drank this.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting- "Lambrusco”

Tasting- "Escher Haus Riesling”