First Blog Assignment- About my wine experience

    Recently, I have become more adventurous with trying different varieties of alcoholic drinks. I enjoy going to breweries and love trying new beers, but my wine tasting and knowledge has not been as extensive. I really like wines and have tried somewhat of a variety in wines, but it is nowhere near the amount of beer tasting I have done. Most of the wines I buy are from the grocery store, and I have probably only ordered wine in a restaurant 20-30 times. Therefore, I am taking this class because I want to expand my knowledge of wine and figure out what exactly I like in wines and what I don’t like. 

So far, the wines that I particularly like are Pinot Noir, Riesling, and Sangria. I especially like Sangria when there are fruits in it, such as an orange slice or two. Currently, I only have a few wines that I hate. I found that I hate Moscato, as it is too sweet for me. I have also had one hot mulled wine before and I also hated that. I am unsure if it was the particular wine or the fact that it was warm, as warm wine sounds unappealing to me. I also have a wide variety of wines that I like, but would not go out of my way to buy or choose off a menu. Overall though, I drink almost any wine that is given to me and I really enjoy trying new things. 

From the list of wines that I particularly like, it is obvious that they are all completely different. Pinot Noir is a dry red wine, the Rieslings I usually buy are a more semi-sweet white wine, and Sangria is a really sweet red wine. Therefore, since my favorite wines do not fall under one category, from this course I hope to narrow down the types of wine that I like so I can make more informed decisions when ordering from a restaurant or winery. I also hope to explore more wine options that I would not typically choose. 

Picture of me:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting- "Lambrusco”

Tasting- "Escher Haus Riesling”

Tasting- "Barone Montalto"